Mardi Launch at Westminster: Thanks for Helping
Heartfelt thanks are due to the many people that helped to make such a success of the launch of Mardi at the House of Commons:
- Kevin Brennan MP for making the whole event possible, and for his valued support and advice
- The rest of the Mardi Board of Directors for digging deep to fund the event: John Spry, Dr Ayham Ammora, Professor Mike Smith, Tony Coll, Paul Knowles, Steve Wakeland
- The main speakers, for demonstrating through their inspiring lives that it really is
possible to make a difference:
- Mark Solms, Land reformer, Solms-Delta Wine Estate
- Jillian Edelstein, Principal Photographer at Mardi, and Owner at Jillian Edelstein
- Betty Makoni, Founder and CEO of Girl Child Network Worldwide
- Regina Yau, Founder and President of The Pixel Project and organiser of Global "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes"® Day. Download London 2011 poster.
- Tony Coll for being master of ceremonies
- Jim Sproat and Ratna Nagarajan, from eNetworker for helping people to network before and after the event. Jim generously provided the eNetworker and Organised Feedback site, customisations and hosting for free.
- Photographers Leonora Saunders and Johnny Oakley from Redhead Pictures and videographer Jonathan Brind from Shepherd Videos for recording the event for posterity.
- Lucy Windmill, Michelle Owusu, Brian Condonand Xander Cansell from Amplified for amplifying the Mardi Launch so ably
- John Spry for producing the badges, and Oxford University Alumni Office for making available their badge printing system
- Everyone in the House of Commons Banqueting Team whether from administration, the kitchens or front of house, you all did an excellent job
- Everyone who attended, without whom it would all have been a waste of time!
- Everyone who didn't attend, but gave messages of support or Tweeted on the night. All very much appreciated.
Finally, many thanks for all the feedback and kind words after the event. All hugely encouraging.